Friday, December 31, 2010

Resolutions

My usual resolution is for the new year to be better than the last. I tend to be successful at it, so why change things up? This year will bring my 30th birthday so I have even more reason to make it better than the last.

It's so important to me to have growth in my life whether it's spiritually, mentally, emotionally, or physically. When I get stagnant, I get restless, and I'm not a fan. The good thing is I have so much room for growth. We all do. We will never be perfect, and we will never be who God has intended us to be until this world is perfect again. Maybe that's a downer, but I think it's a great challenge. Every day I get to be one step closer to who I was made to be. I'm sure I waste plenty of days through my laziness and procrastination that I can't seem to kick.

I know who I am at 29 is not who I was at 19 or 25, and I'm really glad. This year I ran 16 miles without stopping. This year I let go of the control and fear that was holding me back and let God make something new and exciting happen in my life that I get to enjoy every day. This year I stepped out of my comfort zone and tried to be the friend to those that were going through times I couldn't even imagine. This year I decided the dream I kept putting off needs to happen much sooner, and hopefully it will be in my grasp by the end of next year. I like what I accomplished this year and I like the 29 year old me. Now, I'm looking forward to the 30 year old me.

Here's to growth, challenge, and great times ahead for 2011...now if only my resolution to save money was an easy feat!! One of these days it'll happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment